Tuesday 29 September 2015

L'oreal Paris Infallible 24H-Matte foundation | First Impression

Hello Lovelies!

I was wondering through my local Priceline the other day and noticed that the L'oreal products were 30% off! I have been dying to try the Infallible 24h-Matte foundation so decided to grab it.



I am always drawn to matte foundations. My skin has been so up ad down lately, sometimes Its dry other times its oily and its just driving me insane! However by the end of the day no matter how my skin felt in the morning, it's always oily.

I usually like to try foundations out for a while to see how they go in different circumstances, but for this products I really wanted to do a first impressions. Considering I had a 8 hour work shift ahead of me, I thought it was the perfect opportunity.

Product claims

The packaging states that:
-It is lightweight
-Non-cakey
-24 hour matte perfection
-It is a medium texture
-High coverage
-Matte finish
-Shine control



It is in awesome packaging! It has a squeeze tube to ensure you can get out all of the product and control how much you use. Thats definitely a bonus.

Application

I dapped small amounts all over my face and blended it out with a fat top foundation brush. All up I used about the size of 2 peas to cover my whole face.
I was really happy with the way it applied, It was easy to blend out and definitely gave a high coverage. I didn't use any conceal or primer, I wanted to see the true effects of the product. So I was really happy with how it looked.
It felt light on the skin and looked flawless. It gave off a matte finish as it said, but It didn't feel dry. I just felt like skin!
I did set this with a powder, because I was going to be running around a work for the next 8 hours.
Now that I felt fierce with my flawless matte finish skin, I faced the day.

10 hours later

So I got home from work, and I instantly knew that my skin was going to look oily.
I could 'feel' the product on my skin. It felt oily and when I touched my face and it transferred into my hand. 
It had completely come off my nose. It was separating on my forehead, on the sides of my nose/cheek and on my chin.
It just didn't feel nice on my skin at all.

I was really disappointed. I was hoping that i would come home and my face would still look as perfect as it did when I left!
I had high hopes for this foundation.

The verdict 

-Is it lightweight? Yes, until it starts to lose its matte-ness. Then it feels heavy
-Non-cakey? Again, yes, at first. 
-24 hour matte perfection? No. For me personally it didn't feel matte after about 5-6 hours.
-Medium texture? Yes
-High coverage? Yes. Until it started to separate.
-Matte finish? For the first few hours.
-Shine control? For the first few hours

So. Overall I was a bit disappointed with this foundation. I was drawn in with the fact that it gave full coverage and that it was 24 hour matte perfection. It did do both of these things, but not for 24 hours.
I absolutely loved the way it applied and how flawless it made my skin look when first applied. 
I didn't use a primer, so next time I use it I will definitely be using one. 

Would I use this again? Probably, because I HATE wasting my money. This product retails for $29.95 at Priceline. So its not the cheapest product (for my bank account anyway)

Just because this product didn't work for me the first time, doesn't mean I wont try until I get it right!

Have you tried this foundation?
Id love to hear what you thought! 

xx Lucy 






1 comment:

  1. Wow, good to know. Sounds like we have very similar skin. I have wanted to try this but it's always so expensive so I'm glad you got 30% off. Looks like it might be over rated though :(

    ReplyDelete